Monday 2 September 2013

Vivo en Espana

We are in Spain!! It was so weird getting on the plane knowing the next time we will be in the UK (Christmas) we will have a little baby with us!

Our apartment
 Is amazing! We knew it was going to be quite big from online but it's about triple the size of our old flat in Cardiff! But it's perfect because it means when our family (and friends) come to stay with us there is plenty of room :) For the last 4 months we have been nomads basically, moving from one place to another and staying with other people and so it is SO nice being able to have our own space again and be able to actually unpack our belongings :) The 4 flights of stairs haven't been half as bad as I was expecting either. I thought I would have to have a break half way up but it turns out they really aren't that bad, although you can feel they are good for the thighs...

Heat + pregnancy is not the best
It is still so warm here, particularly as the heat seems to rise up to our flat! For some reason the heat seems to make my feet really restless at night which keeps me awake, this was bad enough in the UK heat let alone Spanish heat! However I discovered if I go to bed with a wet towel over my feet I manage to fall asleep after a while. I've also discovered I have sweat glands in places I never knew existed... Ethan and I often go for walks in the evening and by the time we're back having scaled the 4 flights of stairs you feel like you've just been swimming! (Nice...). The heat has also made my feet swell a little bit which is a strange feeling. But other than that the temperature is awesome! We went to the beach on Saturday and it was so nice to be able to relax in the sun and the sea was such a good temperature with amazing waves!
The beach! (well next to it as you can tell from the rather unclothed man...)

The language
I had a very gentle ease into the language as we were picked up from the airport by a Ukrainian man who didn't speak Spanish too well so he spoke quite slowly and used words that I could understand so I was feeling quite confident in my understanding of Spanish. However, we went to church yesterday and they spoke SO fast! All their words blurred into one pretty much. But that's just something to get use to, I'll be fluent in no time ;)

Baby Dragon
We managed to bring almost everything over, car seat, carry cot, 0-3 month clothes etc through a company Send My Bags which was SO much cheaper than taking it all as luggage on the plane. The boxes were also padded out with nappies from the gorgeous nappy cake that Amber made! (Check out the baby shower post for pictures). We were also able to get all our health care sorted today without any problems at all which was a relief! We are now registered at a Health Center (like a GP Surgery) and met with the midwives who gave us an appointment for an antenatal check up straight away! The people were all so lovely and made everything very straight forward and easy. They also said the hospital that we come under to give birth is the best one in Valencia, so it's all looking pretty good so far! :)


My bump as of today, 32 weeks and 3 days



No comments:

Post a Comment