Monday 26 August 2013

Baby Showers (plural!)

In the last couple of months we have had not one but TWO baby showers for our baby dragon!

The first one we had was a surprise one organised by some of the lovely members of the Cardiff ward. It was funny because I had no idea until the day that something had been planned, despite little clues accidentally being left in the lead up to the party! It was such fun, we played some hilarious games and enjoyed some good food and it was lovely spending time with some of the members of the ward before we left Cardiff.

The beautiful cake made by my beautiful YW Emily!

Which tasted amazing! (The other slice was Ethan's...)

We then had a second baby shower/leaving party in Leighton Buzzard (where my parents live). We didn't really need another baby shower but we wanted to have a little leaving party to see some of our friends and family before we go to Spain and I really wanted to make some of the cute food you get at baby showers (according to pinterest at least, I've never attended a baby shower before...).

Cakepops!
Me trying to eat a cakepop...

We had an entertaining quiz that consisted of questions about babies in Spain, the names of baby animals (who knew a baby platypus was called a puggle or puggler as Ethan called it) and then questions about Ethan and I as babies, such as what was our most memorable tantrum about and how much did we weigh when we were born.

One of the games we played



On the event on facebook we had put that it would end at 11
which we thought was quite late and people would probably
end up leaving earlier. However everyone seemed to have
a pretty good time and ended up staying till quite a bit later
which was great, the only thing is Ethan and I are not quite the
party animals we use to be and we got out partied! Haha
 (I've not been soleeping well at all in the last month, and
 accidentally wake Ethan up a lot with my fidgeting etc. so both
 of us get so tired recently). I felt really bad that we actually
left before some of out guests but I figured they must be
 having a good time for them to still be there so everyone
 must be happy... :)
Gorgeous nappy cake that my best friend Amber made!

No comments:

Post a Comment