Saturday 7 September 2013

Pregnancy glow? I'm not so convinced...

Everyone always talks about this pregnancy glow where your hair looks thick and shiney and your skin is glowing. It's a time when you embrace the natural wonders of being female as your body changes beautifully to create a new life.

However I don't feel like that. My feet ache all the time and I'm constantly exhausted as I can't sleep during the night. I can't even put my shoes on properly as I can hardly bend to reach my toes! I definitely don't feel like I'm glowing in anyway.

We've been making the most of the beautiful sunshine here by going to the beach quite a lot, which I realised led me to have a 'pregnant lady moment' yesterday. This involved me having a little break down over the fact that I felt like a beached whale compared to the rest of the world, particularly because literally all the Spanish females could be swimwear models (bar the old ladies that sunbathe topless) then there is me with my big belly who can't even lay on the beach properly!

After my little break down Ethan reassured me wonderfully but it did make me decide that pregnancy really doesn't feel as beautiful and wonderful a people like to claim it is. Since being pregnant I've put a couple of photos online of my bump in which people have said I look great, glowing etc. but in reality that is 3 photos to cover 7 and a half months. We've taken a lot more photos of me and my bump and I look as rough as I feel in them! Yes it's a miracle, but not an attractive feeling one.


This is more how I feel!
This isn't how pregnancy feels

No comments:

Post a Comment