Sunday 15 September 2013

Sleep!

Over the last couple of weeks I think I have given the impression that I dislike being pregnant. Obviously it isn't quite a comfortable as not being pregnant, but I don't actually dislike it. I think it's treated me very kindly so far in all aspects such as not being sick, not having weird cravings, not being too achey etc. bar one... Sleep!

The problem is sleep seems to then affect all aspects of life. Since the beginning of summer when we had the long beautiful heat wave in the UK I think I've averaged about 5 or 6 hours sleep a night, which is a bit less than I'd like really. For some reason as soon as my feet get hot (which is VERY easily) I can't sleep, no matter how tired I am.

So being in Spain has provided some sleeping issues. I now count falling asleep at 3am a goodnight sleep, there is definitely something wrong with that! In the last week I had 4 hours sleep, followed by 3, which turns out is not enough to keep you emotionally stable... I ended up spending the next two days in tears over anything, often for no reason at all which was quite confusing for Ethan!

The good news is my body seems to have adapted to getting 5 hours sleep a night and I actually function pretty happily and normally the next day on it. So I figure that as frustrating and tiring the non sleeping is, I am getting good practice for when baby dragon arrives. And who knows, maybe I'll actually get slightly more sleep when he arrives because my hot-feet-that-keep-you-awake-all-night will hopefully die down once I'm not pregnant, so although I'll be waking up at all times of the night I might actually fall asleep between feeds etc! (Although I can admit now that it is quite a high hope thinking I may get more sleep...)

Resting on the beach seems a reasonable substitute for lack of sleep during the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment