Friday 25 October 2013

Break ins, Baby Dragon, Husband Man and due date...

Ethan often says I have lovely ability to always see/assume the best in the world that sometimes borders on naivety. For example I posted our address on Facebook the other day thinking that it was okay as no one would come to Spain to stalk us or whatever, Ethan immediately convinced me it was a bad idea and I deleted it. There are lots of other examples that admittedly I can't think of right now so I might add them as I think of them... But I generally like to disagree with Ethan's opinion on this however over the last couple of days I've realised he might actually be right!  

A few days ago Ethan and I were having lunch and we heard this strange bang sound by our front door and then it happened again. Ethan went to the door to check it out and had a look through the little eye hole to find a man crouched by the door! He covered up the eye hole as he saw/heard Ethan go to the door and then RAN down the stairs. When we looked to see what he was doing we discovered holes that had been drilled/hammered into the door and door frame in two out of the three areas where the locks were on the door! Safe to say we were pretty freaked out and have started checking the door at most noises now..

The good news is we have the world's best landlord! They arranged for a new (VERY sturdy) door to be put in and are paying a LOT of money for an alarm system to be added as well! We would have been happy with just the lock being replaced but they have gone above and beyond!

However it did make me realise that maybe the world isn't quite as much of a nice place as I thought it was. I thought we were completely safe in our lovely apartment and would never have imagined that someone would try to break in! The damage that was done to the door suggests that it was done over a period of time rather than just the other day that made us wonder if the person that had done it had been watching our comings and goings so as to be able to 'work' undisturbed. In reality that probably isn't the case but it has made me very aware of the information I put online, particularly with having a blog. I use to think the whole thing with having pseudonyms for family members names was a bit over the top, especially for me as the majority of people that read my blog are people that know me well anyway so when Baby Dragon was born I was going to use his name on blog as I just didn't think it was a big deal. But now I think why take the risk, espeically not with our beautiful Baby Dragon! So post birth he will remain being called Baby Dragon and Ethan from now on will become Husband Man, which is a phrase I've used for a while, there is no reason behind it other than it just came out one day (it was actually sweet husband man, but that's a bit gushy to be using all the time here...) So I'm going to have to go back through my old posts and change his name in them all at some point.

In other news it's my due date today. No need to ask if I've had the baby yet, I'm not planning on keeping it a secret from the rest of the world, no news means there is no news...    

No comments:

Post a Comment