Tuesday 13 August 2013

The World's Best Flapjack Recipe

In school we had the most amazing cakes made by one of the loveliest ladies I know. Honestly, every single cake was just DIVINE to the point that once I had finished 6th Form I got my younger sister to buy me a cake from school every now and then. My sister also loved the cakes which led to her asking for the recipe for the flapjacks. I only discovered today that she had this recipe and so the first thing I did was try it out!


Ingredients:
280g/10oz Rolled Oats
200g/7oz Margarine/Butter
100g/3.5oz Brown Sugar
180g/7oz Golden Syrup

1. Melt margarine, brown sugar and golden syrup in a pan.
2. Take off heat and mix in oats.
3. Spoon onto a tray* and flatten down.
4. Bake in the oven at 180C for 15-20 minutes (until golden on top).
5. Cut while still warm.
6. Enjoy!

When I tried the recipe I was a bit impatient with the oven and put them in before it had reached 180 degrees which meant that they had to cook for longer, causing the flapjack to be a little drier and crumblier than it should have been. So lesson learnt, be patient. That said, my family two or three pieces each and my sister said they were the best homemade flapjacks she had ever tasted!

Flapjack is such a quick and easy treat and this recipe is the best! (In my opinion at least...)

*the tray size depends on how thick you like the flapjack, 9x9 inch would make slightly fatter flapjacks, a larger one would make thinner ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment