Wednesday 17 July 2013

Introducing Our Baby Dragon!

I feel its time to officially introduce the world to baby dragon. We've nicknamed the baby this since the very beginning when we found out but for some reason we've only really used the phrase around our families. At the beginning it was our way of making the abstract idea of a baby that we could neither see or feel a bit more personal and real, but now it's just our little affection way of referring to our little baby!

It started because when we were living in our flat we didn't use the heating over winter because the radiators we had were pathetic so it seemed a waste of money to use them. So often when we'd breathe out you'd get the steam or whatever it was appear that made you look like a dragon which led to Ethan naming me Jo the dragon, leading to baby dragon :) 

And today our little baby dragon is 26 weeks, which means the third trimester has started! Amusingly we had a midwife appointment last week and somehow I had managed to lose count of the weeks and thought I was 24 weeks and was actually 25 which was a very nice surprise, it felt like I had been told I was only to be pregnant for 39 weeks rather than 40 which is always a nice surprise because 40 weeks is a long time to be waiting for our beautiful baby! 

So I've decided the best way to get through these next 3 months is to not keep track of the weeks and then suddenly I'll have the baby and think 'oh are those 3 months over already?' ...haha something tells me that is not going to happen! 

The second trimester has been everything people say it is. I've been felling great, no sickness, aches or anything unpleasant, my bump has started growing and my hair started to be in really good condition (I only need to wash it twice a week now, it's wonderful!) and lots of people said I was blossoming which was just lovely to hear! 

However in the last 2 or 3 weeks my ribs and coccyx have started aching whenever I'm sat down and my back has just started aching a lot, particularly when I'm sat down or laying down. And sadly I imagine its only going to get worse as baby dragon grows more over the next 3 months! 

The good thing is it's definitely worth it, we cannot wait for our gorgeous baby boy to come, we already have so much love for him but apparently that feels like nothing compared to the love you feel for the baby once it's born! We genuinely can't wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment