Sunday 9 June 2013

Baby boy!

I'm a bit late, but we're having a healthy baby boy! I think this is really exciting because everyone (including Ethan and I) thought we were expecting a girl! At first when we were told it was a boy Ethan and I were slightly taken a back because we were convinced (in reality based on nothing) that it was a girl and in the last couple of weeks had even been referring to it as she but we both feel really excited that its a boy. 

It's funny, because lots of people thought/wanted it to be a girl (mostly so they could buy pretty clothes etc) I've found I've got really defensive about people saying things like 'you're joking, it's actually a girl isn't it' to the point where I've even deleted comments on Facebook because I feel like they're offending my poor unborn child. In reality I know it's a silly thing to get defensive about as they don't mean anything unkind or they wouldn't be saying it at all! Haha, but it is a funny reaction to have.

It took me a while to get to sleep last night (as usual) and so I was just thinking about that fact that we're having a boy and how funny he will be if he is anything like Ethan! Although he was very difficult as a baby I've heard so hopefully it will be a little more like I was as a baby (from what my parents have said I was pretty much the prefect child ;). I know it's going to come with so many ups and downs but I cannot wait for our beautiful little family to grow and to be able to experience the miracle of being a mother. Admittedly I still feel way too young to be referring to myself as a mother (in the nearish future), not so much because of my age but more so because I look 12 still! Haha

Every now and then I picture in my head what our baby might look like as a mix of Ethan and I've come to a rough idea in my head...
This photo is amazing!
Ethan is the one in the middle (not the baby, that's Thea) with his cute blonde hair and blue eyes.

Then this is the youngest photo of me I could find on facebook, with my chubby cheeks!

They were so small and cute!
Cutest little child ever!


So I came to the conclusion that our baby may look something like my younger brother, who had really blonde hair, blue eyes like Ethan and I and my chubby cheeks! He was just the cutest child growing up ever! He's now 12 which is crazy!! Whatever our baby looks like I think it will be the scrummiest little baby you could ever meet! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment