Monday 20 May 2013

Pregnancy joys...

I'll admit there may have been a hint of sarcasm in the post title today... There are many joys of pregnancy, but there are also some not so joyful occasions!

One of my favourite joys in pregnancy is food! I'm hoping that this will soon be replaced by feeling the baby move but for your first baby that's more around 20 weeks or so I've heard, but every now and then I do lay still and wait for something but nothing yet sadly.

Back to food, I've not really had any craving as such, where I feel like I need to have X so much! More I just particularly fancy things, such as mayo in the first few weeks, then baked beans and now buttery mash potato with gravy (SO GOOD!). I've also discovered I've reverted back a little to my early teen loves of chicken flavoured Super Noodles, Cheese and Broccoli Pasta 'n' Sauces and Golden Nuggets for breakfast! Those three things make me so happy! I know none of them are particularly nutritious so I just have them as my occasional treat for lunch (the cereal for breakfast obviously) and then we're back to the nice and healthy vegetables for dinner, ideally with mash potatoes and gravy! :D

 
                                                                 My three favourites!I feel that being pregnant has made me have a much greater appreciation of food because I get hungry quite a lot so it is just so satisfying enjoying good food! That makes me sound as though I'm over indulging, I'm not, I've actually only put a pound on (so far...) which did concern me at first but after reading on the internet a bit I decided that as I'm eating when I'm hungry and good healthy food then it's not a problem, a few people said the weight piled on like crazy in the third trimester so we shall see what happens, I guess each body is different :)

However today has not been as much of a joyful occasion! I decided after a few weeks of putting it off I really needed a new bra fitting. Hello maternity bras... They should really not be classified as lingerie! However I will admit that they are quite comfy and it's nice having a bra that fits my ever expanding body! (I've gone up 4 cup sizes! I'm hoping that's that area of my body's expanding done for the rest of the pregnancy now...)
Pregnancy brings such entertainment... Haha 

2 comments:

  1. I feel you being pregnant is also the perfect time for me to enjoy lots of good food too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the things I craved when pregnant were things I wasn't allowed to eat... until I discovered Mince Pies and Chocolate Custard! Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

    Hope that Ethan will provide you with as much supernoodles as you can manage until the next craving starts icecream and picked gherkins maybe? ;)

    ReplyDelete